The project combines creative techniques and activism in a desire to find the most effective means of launching civic initiatives and a way to inspire citizens to mobilize in defense against excessive tree felling.
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.” (Margaret Mead)
THE PROJECT TAKES PLACE THROUGH A RANGE OF ACTIVITIES:
- RESEARCH RELATED TO ECOLOGY, BIODIVERSITY AND ECONOMICS
- SITE-SPECIFIC OUT DOOR DANCE-THEATER PERFORMANCE“DANCING TREES” PLAYED IN THE CITY PARKS.
- TALK-BACK SESSIONS AFTER THE SHOW
- ROUND TABLES WITH EXPERTS, ACTIVISTS AND ARTISTS ABOUT CLIMATE CHANGE AND TREE PROTECTION.
- WEBINAR “CREATE YOUR ACTION“
- DIGITAL PLATFORM WHICH CONNECTS ARTISTS, ACTIVISTS AND CITIZENS.
- DOCUMENTARY FILM ABOUT THE PROJECT AND FILM INSPIRED BY THE PERFROMANCEDIRECTED BY STRAHINJE SAVIĆA